Maguire is a growing company whose mission is to offer high-end shoes and accessories at a fair price. We design and market our own products in-house from our headquarters in Montréal.
We are currently seeking a public relations coordinator to join our team. This person will lead the promotion of our brand throughout North America through media relations, influencer marketing, and events.
What we have to offer
- A young and growing company with stores in Montreal, Toronto, and New York and plenty of opportunities for career growth.
- A growing marketing & communications department which you will help develop.
- An open work environment founded on respect, trust and collaboration.
- Help plan our public relations calendar, select key messages and flagship products each season.
- Feed and assist PR agencies/freelancers for the English-Canadian and American markets.
- Be responsible for media relations for the Québec market (plan and share media).
- Handle gifts, information requests, and sample requests from Media and stylists.
- Compose press releases, invitations, emails, social media posts, and any PR brief for the company.
- Plan and execute influencer marketing campaigns (research and selection of influencers, management and results).
- Manage the community: interact with and respond to influencers and stakeholders on corporate social media, in collaboration with customer service.
- Plan and execute public relations events (concepts, guest lists, communications, organizing, etc.).
- Keep the company’s press kit up-to-date.
- All miscellaneous tasks pertaining to public relations, Media, and corporate communications.
- 2-3 years experience in a role with similar tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent written communication skills in French, with a professional level of English.
- Knowledge of the fashion industry, its stakeholders and players.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong aesthetic sense.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capacity to build good relationships.
- Full-time position, 35 hours per week.
- Flexible starting date.
- Salary and vacation according to experience.
- Group insurance, including dental care.
- Free pair of shoes every season and discounts on products.
- Additional paid time off during the holidays (no work on Boxing Day!).
- Workplace: Head office located at 5365 boulevard Saint-Laurent in the Mile End district of Montréal.
If this offer speaks to you, send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!