Store Manager - Toronto
Full-time, Toronto. Starting March 15th, 2020.
Do you love fashion, quality shoes, and creating great customer experiences? We are presently seeking dynamic individuals who share our values and aesthetic to join our small team. You will work in a friendly, collaborative and welcoming environment free from high-pressure sales.
Founded in Montréal in 2017, Maguire is a young and growing enterprise that offers high-end footwear and accessories at fair and transparent prices. From product development through sales and customer service, we strive to do everything in-house and eliminate middlemen from the supply chain. Every day we work to improve the practices of our industry by creating an ecosystem where everyone wins: our clients, our suppliers, and our team!
Our team brings together individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who embrace change and collective success. There is no 'standard mould' at Maguire; we value a diversity of opinions and view fashion as a form of self-expression.
We are proud to be opening our first Toronto boutique in the Dundas-Ossington corridor. We seek a Store Manager who shares our values and vision and who can ensure smooth dependable operation of the new boutique.
What We Offer:
- Small agile teams offering exposure to different facets of the business.
- An entrepreneurial setting encouraging career development and the opportunity to grow with us!
- A humane work environment founded on respect, trust, and collaboration.
Reporting to senior management, the Store Manager will be responsible for all operations of the Toronto boutique. You will ensure smooth functioning of the store and create the conditions for continual improvement in sales and customer satisfaction. In the lead up to our grand opening in April 2020, you will work closely with the Montréal team in planning for a successful launch, as well as establishing sales and inventory processes, human resources, and merchandising.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Aid in planning and executing a successful launch for the new store.
- Maintain effective communication with head office, and arrange weekly meetings to this effect.
- Oversee inventory and inventory management, in conjunction with head office.
- Take charge of hiring and training boutique staff, in alignment with the vision and values of the company.
- Motivate and coach the Toronto sales team to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Identify, plan, communicate and delegate the daily operational tasks to the team.
- Manage and resolve Toronto customer issues as they arise, with support from the Montréal team as needed.
- Conceive and implement merchandising initiatives in conjunction with head office.
- Help to achieve sales goals for the store.
- Analyze productivity results for the store and relay to head office.
- Analyze customer feedback and convey to head office.
- Manage local staff schedules.
Skills and Requirements:
- A collaborative, positive, solutions-oriented team player.
- Dependable and responsible.
- Results oriented.
- Demonstrated aptitude for sales and customer service.
- A strong communicator who will build productive relationships with clients, team members, and senior management.
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage priorities and unforeseen circumstances in an efficient and proactive manner.
- Experience in retail and staff supervision.
- A strong familiarity with the world of fashion and the Toronto clientele.
- Demonstrated interest in business and/or entrepreneurship.
- A degree in marketing, fashion, arts management, or other related field is an asset.
- Experience with Shopify POS and ShipStation is an asset.
- Bi or multi-lingualism is always an asset!
- A permanent full-time position of 37.5 hours per week.
- Discount and special offers on our products.
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Salary depending on experience.
Please submit your applications to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!