We're hiring! Bilingual Content Creator
Full time. Montréal (headquarters). To start immediately.
Do you love fashion, quality shoes, and creating great content? We are presently seeking a dynamic individual with a flair for the English language (bilingualism is a big plus!), a discerning aesthetic eye, and a passion for design.
Maguire is a young and growing female-led enterprise that offers high-end footwear and accessories at fair and transparent prices. From product development through sales and customer service, we strive to do everything in-house and eliminate middlemen from the supply chain. Every day we work to improve the practices of our industry by creating an ecosystem where everyone wins: our clients, our suppliers, and our team!
Our team brings together individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit who embrace change and collective success. There is no 'standard mould' at Maguire; we value a diversity of opinions and view fashion as a form of self-expression.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Small agile teams offering exposure to different facets of the business.
- An entrepreneurial setting encouraging career development and the opportunity to grow with us!
- A humane work environment founded on respect, trust, and collaboration.
- Office located on Saint-Laurent boulevard in the heart of Mile End.
Reporting directly to senior management, you will be responsible for the establishment and implementation of the content creation strategy at Maguire, and contribute to building our brand. Your principal objective will be to contribute to help grow our brand's reach and recognition, improve customer conversion both online and in-store, and stimulate community engagement.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop the tone and artistic direction of the Maguire brand;
- Plan the monthly content calendar for each platform (website, newsletter, social media, etc.);
- Plan the online advertising calendar in collaboration with our digital ad buyer;
- Generate visual and written content for each of our platforms;
- Contribute to product merchandising and events (product descriptions, e-com photoshoots, promotional campaigns, etc.);
- Promote community building online through participation in discussions, responding to questions and comments, and ensure responsive communications in collaboration with Customer Service;
- Research and propose new ideas to stay at the forefront of the latest trends and practices in social media and online marketing;
- Quantify and analyze content and campaign performance and results to inform optimization and improvement;
- Help out the team with odd tasks when the need arises (product development, special events, office life and operations, etc.)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a related subject (communications, marketing, design, arts, literature, fashion, etc.);
- At least two years' experience in a similar role;
- Strong interest in and familiarity with the world of fashion and/or design;
- Excellent copywriting skills, specifically for digital (web, newsletter, social media);
- Capacity to create visual content;
- Deep knowledge of social media and social media trends (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, etc.);
- Competence in content creation tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.).
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Creative with a strong aesthetic sense;
- Mastery of English language communication, both oral and written;
- Mastery of French language communication, oral and written, is considered a major asset;
- Flexible and adaptable;
- Autonomous, self motivated, and takes initiative;
- Strong sense of judgment and critical thinking;
- Thorough attention to detail;
- Organized and able to independently manage priorities;
- Last but not least: a strong sense of humour! Because we shouldn't take ourselves too seriously! :)
- Full time, 35 hours/week;
- Available to start immediately;
- Salary according to experience;
- Employee discount on products;
- Two weeks annual vacation;
- Office located at 5365 Saint-Laurent boulevard, in the Mile End district of Montréal (close to Laurier metro station and several bus lines).
Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: Only selected applicants will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to meeting you!